The Name of the Wind: 10th Anniversary Deluxe Edition (Hardcover)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
"No one writes about stories like Pat Rothfuss. How the right story at the right time can change the world, how the teller can shape a life." --Lin-Manuel Miranda
This deluxe, illustrated edition celebrates the New York Times-bestselling series, The Kingkiller Chronicle--a masterful epic fantasy saga that has inspired readers worldwide. This anniversary hardcover includes more than 50 pages of extra content
- Beautiful, iconic cover by artist Sam Weber and designer Paul Buckley
- Gorgeous, never-before-seen illustrations by artist Dan Dos Santos
- Detailed and updated world map by artist Nate Taylor
- Brand-new author's note
- Appendix detailing calendar system and currencies
- Pronunciation guide of names and places DAY ONE: THE NAME OF THE WIND My name is Kvothe. I have stolen princesses back from sleeping barrow kings. I burned down the town of Trebon. I have spent the night with Felurian and left with both my sanity and my life. I was expelled from the University at a younger age than most people are allowed in. I tread paths by moonlight that others fear to speak of during day. I have talked to Gods, loved women, and written songs that make the minstrels weep. You may have heard of me. So begins a tale unequaled in fantasy literature--the story of a hero told in his own voice. It is a tale of sorrow, a tale of survival, a tale of one man's search for meaning in his universe, and how that search, and the indomitable will that drove it, gave birth to a legend. Praise for The Kingkiller Chronicle: "The best epic fantasy I read last year.... He's bloody good, this Rothfuss guy."
--George R. R. Martin, New York Times-bestselling author of A Song of Ice and Fire "Rothfuss has real talent, and his tale of Kvothe is deep and intricate and wondrous."
--Terry Brooks, New York Times-bestselling author of Shannara "It is a rare and great pleasure to find a fantasist writing...with true music in the words."
--Ursula K. Le Guin, award-winning author of Earthsea "The characters are real and the magic is true."
--Robin Hobb, New York Times-bestselling author of Assassin's Apprentice "Masterful.... There is a beauty to Pat's writing that defies description."
--Brandon Sanderson, New York Times-bestselling author of Mistborn
About the Author
Patrick Rothfuss is the bestselling author of The Kingkiller Chronicle. His first novel, The Name of the Wind, won the Quill Award and was a Publishers Weekly Best Book of the Year. Its sequel, The Wise Man's Fear, debuted at #1 on The New York Times bestseller chart and won the David Gemmell Legend Award. His novels have appeared on NPR's Top 100 Science Fiction/Fantasy Books list and Locus' Best 21st Century Fantasy Novels list. Pat lives in Wisconsin, where he brews mead, builds box forts with his children, and runs Worldbuilders, a book-centered charity that has raised more than six million dollars for Heifer International. He can be found at patrickrothfuss.com and on Twitter at @patrickrothfuss.