Hamlet (Mass Market)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
The Signet Classics edition of William Shakespeare's incomparable tragic play.
"To be, or not to be: that is the question"
There is arguably no work of fiction quoted as often as William Shakespeare's Hamlet. This haunting tragedy of a troubled Danish prince devoted to avenging his father's death has captivated audiences for centuries.
This title in the Signet Classics Shakespeare series includes:
• An overview of Shakespeare's life, world, and theater
• A special introduction to the play by the editor, Sylvan Barnet
• A note on the sources from which Shakespeare derived Hamlet
• Dramatic criticism from Samuel Taylor Coleridge, A.C. Bradley, Maynard Mack, and others
• A comprehensive stage and screen history of notable actors, directors, and productions of Hamlet
• Text, notes, and commentaries printed in the clearest, most readable format
• Recommended readings
About the Author
William Shakespeare (1564–1616) was a poet, playwright, and actor who is widely regarded as one of the most influential writers in the history of the English language. Often referred to as the Bard of Avon, Shakespeare's vast body of work includes comedic, tragic, and historical plays; poems; and 154 sonnets. His dramatic works have been translated into every major language and are performed more often than those of any other playwright.