My First Outdoor Garden: Everything You Need to Know to Plant and Grow Your Own Fruits, Vegetables, and Flowers (I Love Nature #2) (Paperback)
Coming Soon - Available for Pre-Order Now
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the I Love Nature series.
Discover the joys of gardening with My First Outdoor Garden, an interactive and illustrated guide for the youngest of gardeners.
This book teaches you everything you need to know to succeed in your first foray into raising plants. After following the easy steps, you'll soon learn how to sow, plant, plow, and water anything you choose to plant, including pineapples, carrots, geraniums, or even daffodils. In no time at all, you'll be proudly showing off all the beautiful plants in your garden!
Learn all about:
- Necessary gardening tools and materials
- Choosing the perfect space for your garden
- Building your very own box garden (or raised bed)
- Using nutrient-rich garden soil
- Choosing the right plants for your garden
- Properly watering and weeding your plants
- Making your own compost
- Protecting your garden from harmful visitors
- and more!
About the Author
Grace McQuillan has translated the works of Andreï Makine, Stéphane Allix, and has received a French Voices Award for her translation of Le Crieur de Nuit by Nelly Alard. Her work has also appeared in The Brooklyn Rail and PBS NewsHour. Originally from New Jersey, she now lives in Nevis.