Moon Southern California Road Trips: Drives along the Beaches, Mountains, and Deserts with the Best Stops along the Way (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Hit the beach, hike hidden trails, or soak up some desert sun: the outdoor adventures are endless with Moon Southern California Road Trips. Inside you'll find:
- Pick Your Road Trip: Find flexible getaways throughout SoCal like three-day routes up the coast, through Death Valley, Ojai, and more, or combine them for an epic two-week driving tour
- Eat, Sleep, Stop and Explore: With lists of the best beaches, hikes, wineries, and more, you can tour backlots in Los Angeles, feel like a kid again at Disneyland, and feast on tacos and craft beer in San Diego. Climb Joshua Tree's rock formations to stunning views, ski and surf in the same day, and get a taste of the laidback lifestyle in Santa Barbara and Palm Springs
- Maps and Driving Tools: Easy-to-use maps keep you oriented on and off the highway, along with site-to-site mileage, driving times, detailed directions, and full-color photos throughout
- Local Expertise: San Diego native, brew enthusiast, and avid surfer Ian Anderson shares his tips on where to stop and what to see
- How to Plan Your Trip: Know when and where to get gas and how to avoid traffic, plus tips for driving in different road conditions and suggestions for LGBTQ travelers, seniors, and road-trippers with kids
- Coverage of Los Angeles, Disneyland, beaches from Malibu to La Jolla, San Diego, Anza Borrego State Park, Palm Springs & Joshua Tree, Route 66, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, and Hearst Castle, plus Las Vegas
Looking for more coverage of Southern California? Check out Moon San Diego or Moon Los Angeles. Want to extend your adventure? Check out Moon Northern California Road Trips.
About the Author
Born in Oregon and based in California, Ian Anderson has been road-tripping up and down the west coast since before he could see over the steering wheel. Over the past two decades, he's lived in Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego, logging more than ten thousand miles on coastal highways, mostly looking for great food, beautiful beaches, and fun surf.
Ian is currently based in San Diego, covering "America's Finest City" as a reporter, beer writer, and restaurant critic for the San Diego Reader. He's written for websites, magazines, and books on topics ranging from music to preserving the environment, but for the most part, Ian's expertise matches his interests-chief among them exploring sights, sounds, and flavors of the west coast-and bringing these experiences to life for readers.